We are delighted to announce Guy Leech “Ironman Superhero” as the inaugural Patron of the Superheroes Community Care River Retreat (River Retreat).
Guy is a recognised sporting icon, both in Australia and around the world. He is also the founder of Heart180 Life Saving Defibs, and Ambassador of The Heart Research Institute of Australia.
Guy’s sporting achievements include:
- 1983 Australian Marathon Swimming Champion
- 1984 Coolangatta Gold Ironman Champion (43km)
- 1985 Coolangatta Gold Ironman Champion (43km)
- 1986 Inaugural Winner of the Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain Ironman
- 1988 World Ironman Champion – Vancouver, Canada
- 1989 Inaugural Uncle Toby’s Ironman Champion
- 1989 Coolangatta Gold Ironman – 1st
- 1991 World Ocean Surf Ski Champion – Molokai, Hawaii (50km)
- 1993 Avon Descent Champion – Perth, Western Australia (134km)
- Seven-time winner of the Uncle Toby’s Ironman series
- Represented Australia in Surf Lifesaving, Marathon Swimming, and Stillwater Swimming
- 1993 Won Australia’s Fittest Athlete Competition – Australian Institute of Sport, Canberra, ACT